Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lisa Cattell Meggs



Today is the anniversary of my twin sister's death. It doesn't seem possible that she's been gone for 17 years. For those of you who did know her, I know you are missing her as much as I do. For those of you who don't know her, you missed out on an awesome person! She was always so nice and tenderhearted. Her feelings would get hurt and she would cry at the drop of a hat. She was always there to listen and lend support. She was very active in the children's and women's ministries at her church. She taught cheerleading at the local high school where she was a teacher.

She loved her children very much. Her whole world revolved around them. I just wish her children would've gotten a chance to know her a little bit longer. Hubie was 5 and Ashleigh was 3 when Lisa passed away. Much too young to lose a mother.

Lisa was an excellent student and an awesome teacher. I'll never forget one day when I went to visit her while she was teaching. Now keep in mind Lisa was 5' 1'' and all of 87 pounds. She was tiny. She taught 10th & 11th grade Chemistry & Physics. Her students were much bigger & taller than her, but she had control of her classroom. I was totally amazed. Trust me, these students were not ivy league kind of kids. They were rough!

I truly miss her smile, laugh and tenderness. I wish she was still here so I could talk to her.

1 comment:

GarryCz said...

Lori,

I remember you, Lisa and Richie running out of your house when your Dad got home and yelling, "My Daddy, my Daddy" The two of you will always be very special to me.


Uncle Garry

The Breast Cancer Site